Sunday, April 3, 2016

Quick Breakfast in the Office! - Egg Sandwich

I have heard lot of people tell me that there is no time for breakfast because they are running late. I for one cannot survive without a proper breakfast. If I am running late I tend to get even more late trying to get breakfast ready before stepping out.

One day in the office kitchen, I watch this young guy artfully prepare a hot breakfast with the microwave alone. He had a biscuit not the cookie kind but the bread kind you use for sandwich. He broke an egg into a glass bowl, whisked it a little bit, put in the microwave and in 40 seconds his perfect round shaped egg was done. He slipped it on top of his biscuit which had melted cheese slice. My office has a small oven like a toaster, otherwise you can melt cheese on your bread in the microwave itself. Brilliant I thought.

So the next time I was late for office, I grabbed 2 slices of whole wheat bread, some sliced pepper jack cheese, an egg in a glass pyrex container and off I went. My office has a small oven as well. So I slip the bread slices with cheese on top into that oven and then cook my egg and my breakfast was ready. I also have some hot sauce and my breakfast in ready in no time. And all this while at work!!

So dear readers, there is no excuse to skip breakfast. If you do not prefer egg you can take a frozen veggie pattie or some Avocado slices. The choices are endless. Thought I will share this with you.

I have to share this as well. So a couple of days ago I saw the same young man cooking some scrambled egg in the microwave. He had some diced carrots and peas in his glass bowl along with some eggs which he cooked for a few minutes, took it out whisked it and put it back in for some scrambled egg with vegetables. He had a container of some left over rice and some soy sauce. His fried rice for lunch was done in no time. My respect for his smartness has gone up several notches. Don't you think that he is really smart?

Anyway this is not a great recipe post but a handy little way of making a quick breakfast.



Beat an egg in a ceramic bowl or glass container with salt and pepper. Use a microwave to cook the egg.
Melt cheese on toasted bread and put the cooked egg between the 2 slices.

A quick breakfast is ready faster than you think.




Egg Sandwich (using a microwave)
Preparation Time:5 minutes
Cooking Time:5 minutes
Ingredients
  1. 2 slices of bread
  2. a slice of cheese (I use pepper jack cheese)
  3. any condiment of choice - chipotle mayonnaise and Sriracha
  4. 1 egg
  5. salt and pepper (optional)

Method
  1. Toast the bread slices with the cheese on top if using a toaster oven.
  2. In a microwave safe bowl beat the egg with salt and pepper and microwave for 40-45 seconds for the egg to be cooked.
  3. If there is no toaster oven, place the cheese on the cooked egg and microwave for another 10-15 seconds till it melts.
  4. Apply any condiment of choice on the bread and place the egg on the bread.
Quick and hot breakfast is ready in less than 5 minutes.

Like what you are reading? Subscribe!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Appreciate you taking the time.
Comments embedded with links, spam and in poor taste will not be published.