I usually have some frozen store bought masala parathas - with some rice yogurt and pickles they make for a quick meal. The store bought ones have crushed coriander and cumin seeds I did not add them. The basic recipe is from here.
Before we move on to the recipe here is a Quiz
Whose quote was this and about what?
"I thought it would be tough. I didn't think it would be this tough."
Potatoes with Spinach
1. 8-10 small potatoes boiled and skin peeled and cut into cubes
2. 3 Cups Fresh Spinach leaves washed and chopped roughly
3. 4 garlic cloves crushed
4. 1 tsp cumin seeds
5. 2 -3 tsp sambhar powder
6. 1 tsp turmeric powder
7. 2 tsp oil
1. Heat oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds, add
2. the garlic and fry till soft add
3. the spinach leaves and cook till they are wilted
4. add the potatoes and the turmeric and the sambhar powder and mix well.
5. Continue to saute till the potates are well coated.
1. 2 Cups Wheat Flour
2. 1/2 tbsp chili powder
3. 2 tsp cumin powder
4. 1/2 tsp chicken masala powder (garam masala powder)
5. salt to taste
6. 2 tsp oil
7. 1 tbsp curd
Mix the powders and yogurt into the whole wheat flour and knead into a dough, set it aside for an hour or so
1. Make small balls with the dough and roll them out into the desired thickness and fry them on a heated griddle with a light cooking spray if required.
Novel Reading:The Pig Did It By Joseph Caldwell