It looks like just a few days ago I was complaining about how cold it has been even though it is almost the end of May, now within a week it feels like middle of summer with the heat and humidity, no complaints though, will take the heat anyday to the cold. Quick and easy recipe if you do not want to stand in front of the stove for too long. A recipe with lots tomatoes for idlis and dosas. If you have fresh juicy tomatoes and wondering what to do with them (?!) here goes,
1. 6 medium sized juicy Tomatoes chopped
2. 1/2 onion finely chopped
3. 3 green chillies slit
4. 1/4 tsp sambhar powder or chilly powder (optional)
5. corriander leaves chopped (few sprigs)
6. seasonings - cumin mustard, curry leaves
7. 1/4 tsp oil
1. In a pressure cooker or pan, heat the oil add the seasonings.
2. When the mustard starts to pop add the onions and saute till translucent
3. Add the green chillies and sambhar powder
4. Now add the tomatoes and saute for a few minutes
5. Add salt and corriander leaves
If you are using the cooker close the lid and cook for one whistle, if using a pan cover the lid and cook till the tomatoes are soft. Now using a Mathu mash the tomatoes well. Do not use a blender it will mince the tomatoes beyond recogonition.
Great side for steaming hot idlis or dosas.
With the Jhiva For Strawberries fever going on I am wondering how this would taste if I substitute strawberries for tomatoes?? Maybe should give it a try.